My Korea Adventure

Back in October of 2008, I went on vacation with my parents to South Korea to visit my older brother. He lives there now and teaches English to young Koreans. After spending two weeks travelling all over the country with my family, it was time for my parents to head back to Canada, and time for me to get my skate on... I stayed for another two weeks with my brother, and during this time, I was lucky enough to meet this really cool Korean Skater named Maska.

Maska showed me all the spots in town and he even showed me spots in other towns! It was an amazing experience, especially because all the spots were unbelievable! the ground was almost always super smooth, there were fresh, untouched marble ledges everywhere, and to top it off, nobody hates on skateboarding like over here in North America. Business men & taxi drivers would stop and watch, and were even asking to try my board out, telling me about how they like rollerblading, it was hilarious. I only got kicked out of two or three street spots, and there were some skateparks there too. It really was a dream world for any skater.

here are some photos and a video of my trip. Enjoy!

Photos
1. Here Comes the Sun
2. Me at Sunrise Peak (Seongsan Ilchubong)
3. Mountain Top Chillin
4. Demo for my Brother's Students
5. Self Portrait in Reflection, about to go sk8!

















3 comments:

Phil Shore. said...

that was sick.

Cory said...

Yeah bud!
turn stained the shit out of Korea

Anonymous said...

That was a really good part man, excited for ya dude!